"There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Jul 22 20:49:50 EDT 2006

On 7/22/06, Dan Shafer <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course file extensions aren't required or customary on OS X. That's why I
> said the idea was so last-century!

Personally, I find extensions more than helpful for me, and I turn
them on the first thing when I setup either a PC or a Mac. I want to
see them as they tell me information about a file without having to
dig in a resource editor for it. Plus, as a programmer, they make life
very easy.

Just for the record, a 1 button mouse (which is the only way Mac
laptops come configured) is so VERY last century. Especially when the
operating system support the concept of right-click for properties,
and scroll wheels.

(and don't tell me you can use 2-button mice..i know that, it's just
that right now, my PC laptop is...surprise....on my lap, and there's
no desire for me to have to find a place for a mouse).

-c