player result codes?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jul 19 15:25:07 EDT 2006

Does anyone know where I can find a list of player codes and their meanings?

I have this code in a handler:

   set the filename of tAudioPlayer to tAudioTestFile
   set the playSelection of tAudioPlayer to false -- to force entire clip to play
   set the playLoudness of tAudioPlayer to 0 -- to prevent audible player output

   start player "audioTest" of stack "System"
   put the result into tPlayResult
   if tPlayResult <> 0 then
     -- do error handling
   end if

With everything set correctly (AFAIK), I still get various non-zero numeric
'result' codes.

So far I've gotten these codes: 28, 29, 30, 32, 65.

- My 'put ... after msg' test statements tell me everything is set correctly.
- The stack containing the player is:
     - opened inv, not just in memory
     - password-protected, but the problem also happens when it's not

Or is there another approach I can take to verify that the host machine can play
digitial audio files?

Thanks everyone -
Phil Davis