Internal security of Rev?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 18 17:15:15 EDT 2006

Nope,

Actually, I did get to use Byte by Byte's 3D product on the Amiga. The
company was based here in Austin. Funny, tomorrow I'm meeting with the
old CEO of Byte by Byte to talk about using Rev on a new Enterprise
CRM app he's starting up. Small world indeed!

Back in the old days, just about every decent 3D package used
dongles--- many still do. Though most of the companies I know of have
very customer friendly ways of dealing with lost dongles. In fact, Jim
Plant, CEO of Newtek told me he wasn't too concerned as he's mostly
interested in helping his customers. If more than a few were lost by
the same company over a short period of time, he might become worried.
The simple matter in the 3D world is, if you steal the product (thus
not supporting it), you may find the company no longer around later
on!

best,
Chipp