Internal security of Rev?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 18 02:23:41 EDT 2006

Kay,

That's the most insane argument I've ever heard: "teach them
responsibility!" I'm sure you're just trolling for reaction. I guess you've
found one.

So let me get this straight-- Your brother is BOTH in the ballistic sales
business AND plays Dr. Phil, teaching all his customers how to be
responsible. There are so many things that can go wrong with a dongle that
have nothing to do with 'responsibility.' It can get stolen, it can get
zapped by a lightning strike, it can be attacked by a virus (happened to me
once), and it can be lost by even the most responsible employees.

In a previous life as a CEO of a company which used such dongles to do 3d
renderings, on occasion, even our best artists lost them. Now, it isn't my
job to 'teach them responsibility', but it is my job to make sure things get
done, and if a company wouldn't replace a dongle for a minimal fee, they no
longer wanted us as a customer.

Electric Image was such a company, and treated their customers with similar
disdain. It didn't take long for the word to get around and they lost tons
of customers. A once cutting edge, great company, they ended up losing
significant market share to companies with inferior technologies-- but a
more customer-friendly approach.

I don't suppose you'd share with us the company who's policy it is to treat
their customers this way? I'm interested in knowing.

-Chipp