Rev 2.7.2 crashing

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Sun Jul 16 22:13:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I accidentally asked rev (Enterprise) to encrypt an empty string by
passing an empty text string to a function handler.

The handler contained this statement.

    encrypt tTheText using tEncryptType with password tBitPass at
tBitCount bit

which would usually translate to something like

    encrypt "some text I want to encrypt" using blowfish with password
"runrevwaswaycool" at 128 bit

if the tTheText variable is empty it translates to

    encrypt "" using blowfish with password "runrevwaswaycool" at 128 bit

and crashes Rev big-time. The error window is titled "Microsoft Visual
C++ Runtime library" and says.

"The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Obviously I can next the encrypt in an 'if' statement to make sure the
tTheText variable is not empty, but it seemed serious enough a crash to
pass on to the rev team.

Regards

John T

PS, I am using an evaluation code for Rev Enterprise 2.7.2, but
understand that it is the same as the full enterprise licence (for the
duration of the evaluation period).