Words becoming bunched up over each other?

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Fri Jul 14 18:48:59 EDT 2006

I think Sarah has it pegged.  There are hundreds words being sent to
the field in a variable, and no returns.

But on a side note, I tried using other fonts, and some fonts did not
encounter this problem though.  So I'm using Monaco and it bunches
up, then I change to Chicago and it all shows.  Really strange.

And I do have the fixedLineHeight turned off, because it does play
havoc on htmltext in general.  But good to point that out for others
who may not know that.

Thanks Dan and Sarah :-)
-Garrett

On Jul 14, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Another time I've seen this is when you have the fixedLineHeight of
> the
> field set. I routinely unset that property now and am much happier
> with
> field displays in general.
>
> On 7/14/06, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone ever encountered words being bunched up on top of each
>> > other in a field when using htmltext?
>> >
>> > I'm displaying a list of words padded with an amount spaces so that
>> > each word is equal in length, and then adding a tab after each
>> word,
>> > and using a mono spaced font.
>> >
>> > This does not happen all the time though, only on certain
>> conditions
>> > it seems.  But I was wondering if anyone else has run into this and
>> > has figured out how to keep it from happening.
>>
>> Yes, this happens when a line exceeds the 64K maximum number of
>> characters. Either split the data into multiple lines or store it as
>> is in a custom property and only display sections of it at a time.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah

[snip]