Game Developers -- Call

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Jul 14 16:58:13 EDT 2006

Any experienced game developers please contact me off list. Criteria for
"Game Developer" would be:

1) have been making cross platform games for at least five years as a
regular activity.

2) has created at least 20 or more games, some percentage of which have
actually attained a bit of market share. i.e. you have some track record
of successful "addictive" games, you can confidently say "yes, I think I
know what I am doing and what works."

3) willing to work for "non-profit rates" (we don't have big New York
budgets, we also don't have high pressure schedules)

4) has a natural interest in (affinity for)  and some familiarity with
eastern religious-philosophical content (game dialog, words used,
characters etc will all relate to things like karma, reincarnation etc.)

5) has produced games not only for "children" but some games with a bit
higher  intellectual content (i.e. the target market will include
literate teens and young adults)

If you think you may qualify, but not quite fitting above criteria, go
ahead and respond. I would need to see some samples of your work.

We definitely have a market and strong distribution channels, but we
don't have a lot of capital and we could consider also a royalty option
if sales actually took off. i.e. we are willing to work out a win-win
contract, whatever it may be. If you would worry about getting your fair
shake, don't, I can give you references going back 35 years. We *always*
take care of both sides of a business relationship. Saint Tiruvalluvar
wrote: "Take care of the business of others as if it were your own."

Note, we are just in the very, very early "formative concept" stages of
thinking here and this is just a first tentative step into the big game
pond.

TIA
Sivakatirswami
katir at hindu.org