Dependence on Programming Experts

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Thu Jul 13 12:28:40 EDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> The biggest problem with syntactic shortcuts as options is that
> they bloat
> the interpreter/compiler and result in slower execution. It's
> inevitable. No
> single change of this type is going to be noticeable, but you start
> down
> that slippery slope and add a bunch of them and then people will start
> comlaining the app is too slow.

The stuff we are talking about already exists in the engine.
Otherwise I'd challenge this on technical grounds. In the tests I've
done, Revolution is no faster than Director (which has all the
shortcuts you can imagine and then some. Think bytecode.)

Still, I'm done on the topic. I've got code to write in the form of
short stories.

Ya'll dun yer jobs. Good shootin'.

--
Troy