Dependence on Programming Experts

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jul 12 21:25:20 EDT 2006

Come to think of it. I certainly can get on board with a bunch of
language changes.

Frankly, I'm a huge fan of dot notation and would really like to be
able to hilite a checkbox by calling:

myGroup.button.'fred'.hilite=1

And while we're at it, let's fix the = conditional test so that it's
proper: "==" then we can truly have x=1 assignments!

And who wouldn't mind saving a few keystrokes to increment a variable:
var++

Since I'm hoping my changes will be made soon, some of you may want to
print out the simple chart below to help you with my proposed dot
notation:

"." at the end is a constructor
"." at the beginning is an instance member
"." at beginning and "$" at the end is an instance field
"." only in the middle is a static member
".class" suffix is a class

Hopefully we'll all be up and running in no time at all!

In the meantime, while we're 'fixing stuff' and just to make things a
bit easier on us all, how about if we can get some new syntax:

on justMakeItWork
   revFixEveryBugInMyCodeThenEmailMe
   if the result contains "Error" then
      revFileBugZillaReport the result