Dependence on Programming Experts

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Wed Jul 12 15:25:58 EDT 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

>  And I think the discussion here
> ought to be sufficient to convince you that your view -- which
> you'd like to
> prevail as well -- isn't accepted or agreed with by "everyone",
> either.

My point being that this is hardly the crowd to solicit support for
anything evolutionary to the nature of the Rev language. After all,
these are the current users of the current language - not those who
walked away because of it.

In fact, I asked for nothing to "prevail". Which would suggest some
kind of displacement of the current syntax.

I never suggested replacing the existing language, only adding to it
as lingo did wouldn't be a bad thing. The general response was "even
if it doesn't affect me at all, I don't think you should get what you
want. I have no particularly good reasons, but I'll defend them
vigorously."

And then you get together and wonder why Rev isn't as popular as it
should be and what things you can do to fix it.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.