Dependence on Programming Experts

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 12 15:01:58 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06 1:48 PM, "Dan Shafer" <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe it's just because I'm a writer first and a software developer second
> that I prefer these verbose languages, Troy, but it's not because I think my
> view ought to hold sway over "everyone." And I think the discussion here
> ought to be sufficient to convince you that your view -- which you'd like to
> prevail as well -- isn't accepted or agreed with by "everyone", either.

This is one of the wonderful aspects of Revolution - people from all walks
of life use it. And *because* people from all walks of life use it, there is
no end to the diversity of opinions on how the language should be enhanced.
Although there are some obvious tokens that I think *most people* would want
changed (like "playLoudness" or "destroy stack"), there are many others that
we can debate endlessly on.

Fact of the matter is that the guys at RunRev will have to make the final
decisions, and regardless of our own personal preferences, the language will
evolve accordingly.

Debating it on this list is more of a moot activity, as RunRev has said in
the past that they don't scour this list looking for bug reports or
enhancement requests. The best thing we can do (IMHO) is log enhancement
requests in Bugzilla to get certaing parts of the language changed or
expanded, and let RunRev do the rest.

My 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software