[OT] Market Share

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Wed Jul 12 11:34:07 EDT 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Is your TPC a "convertible" design [essentially a laptop where the
> screen folds over backwards] or a "slate" design [no attached
> keyboard]?  If the former, you made the wrong hardware choice,
> IMO.  Why lug a keyboard everywhere when it isn't necessary?

What can I say? A client had it sent to me because they want to use
tablets in some of their stuff. It is a brand new Acer convertible,
and it is too stupid to use.

The OS is OK. In fact XP on the whole is OK. But the hardware... is
crappy. Maybe I should try a slate, but I'll probably wait to see if
Apple ever makes one. For one thing, I have WAY too much software
investment in OSX software to consider moving to PC for anything
other than testing stuff I write.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.