Dependence on Programming Experts

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Wed Jul 12 11:34:05 EDT 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Understand that the ultimate result of such quests for brevity is C
> syntax.

Not always. Lingo is still the best example of what I'm referring to.
It skips all the {} stuff. It behaves like an xtalk with more modern
and accepted syntax.

> Why not just buy a C compiler?

I'll assume that to be rhetorical. The functionality of the
Revolution engine is what's attractive to me, not the syntax, which I
find verbosely obtuse. It has to be relearned every time I come back
to do a project in Rev.

I'm not complaining, and I don't ever expect to get x = 5
functionality, but I also don't agree that there is anything magical
about the verbose syntax. It's more like an obstacle that must be
overcome.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.