Quicktime VR, 3D, and Revolution

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 07:00:44 EDT 2006

I've used both Bryce and Vue to create quicktime VR 3D scenes.   They create
the QTVR instantly, but at the expense of having significant distortion when
the   scene is rotated while viewing.   Another way is to photograph the scene
within Bryce or Vue taking still pictures at 60 degree rotations and stitching
them together in a stitching program.   I've used Apple's Quicktime VR
Authoring Studio to do this, but am planning to   switch to Stitcher, which I
understand can make spherical QTVR 3D scenes.   Trevore Devore is the real expert in
this media though.   By the way, it would be well worth a look at Chipp
Walters 3D work on http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/vuelab/FutureLab.htm, showing
modeling that he did just with the Vue program. It's pretty amazing being
able to do that just with the simple primitives that the Vue program provides
(the man is talented). Such scenes, whether as still images or QTVRs, can easily
be imported into Revolution.
Steve Goldberg
www.medmaster.net