Dependence on Programming Experts

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Tue Jul 11 22:15:48 EDT 2006

-- continue thread even further

put 1 into x

Point x:         I am not a programming expert
Point x = x + 1:   but some things seem to make my world harder to
understand
Point x = x + 1:   and it is hard enough already
Point x = x + 1:   you get my point?

Isn't it likely that the number 5 represents a count of something, i.e. ;

the number of buttons in a group
the number of working days in the week
the number of cups of coffee I drank this morning
the number of lines in a text field etc.

I would almost never use the number itself, rather I find the way of
describing the thing being counted and use the language to get the count
initially. Then I would use gGroupedBtns or tMyCoffees as the variable
name so I can remember what I was counting when I reference it later in
my code.

-- end of abstract thinking about abstract concepts

tMyCoffees = tMyCoffees + 1 (ahhhhhhh... that's better)

John T