Dependence on Programming Experts

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Jul 10 02:34:24 EDT 2006

And, yet, the literature seems clear that the best languages for learning
programming are those which are the simplest and employ natural-language
where possible.  Those employing magical black-boxes are the least
desirable/effective from a 'learning to program' standpoint.

What is nice about Rev and has always been nice about Hypercard was what
some may well consider 'stooping to kindergarten'-level:  enabling people
to be minimally and comprehensibly successful with a minimal amount of
time invested; and that such does indeed seem to encourage a further time
investment.

Judy