[OT] Market Share

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Sun Jul 9 21:05:32 EDT 2006

I was an HC developer in the early 90's but gave up and became a user simply
because it was too difficult to keep up with the changes in the industry.  I
can only imagine the intensity of effort required to stay current and
relevant on multiple platforms.  No wonder Rev is so important.  No wonder
Rev charges what it does to offset the intensity of their work on multiple
platforms too.

>From a users perspective it is still all about standards, expectations and
the consistency of experience.  As long as people experience what they
expect to experience, they will choose that product.  Ergo, PC users will
continue to be PC users and Mac users will continue to be Mac users and can
continue to cherry pick from the PC world natively on Intel rather than
using VirtualPC and Timbuktu.  The iPod/iTunes users switching from the PC
to the Mac will likely experience a WOW simply because their expectations
going in have to be lower than Mac users if for no other reason than issues
around viruses and other malware... Jim