[OT] Market Share

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jul 9 15:07:41 EDT 2006

Mark, et al:

>What's the market share for tablet PCs?

I brought up the TPC in response to the assertion that Apple
technology was "light years" ahead of Windows, and I don't have a
clue as to the TPC's current market share...

	but I am willing to bet it will grow to make it the platform
of choice over time.

And possibly it has a larger market share than the Classic Macs for
which so many people want updated Revolution support?  Which has a
growing market share; which is in its death throes?

And how large a share does it have to get before Rev developers find
it necessary to add the disclaimer "this application is not TPC
compliant" to software they distribute for windows?  When virtually
every other WinXP application accepts input from the TPC input panel
without a problem?

Microsoft provides sample C#, VB, & VB.net source code showing how to
program ink input & manipulation and other TPC features.  The longer
it takes RRLtd to provide TPC compliance, the greater the share of
the market that will be lost to C# & VB developers.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company