[OT] Market Share

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 14:12:41 EDT 2006

Feeling grungy about the use of "both" a few posts back re OS's - I use Windows 2000, about 4 types of Linux (on a regular basis), Mac OS X and Mac OS 9 (Classic): the only reason I don't, at present, use RISC OS 5, is that I have to find a way to pay for an Iyonix {By-Ther-Way - several schools in the UK have just upgraded their Archimedes computers}.

That makes at least 4: and "both" means only 2.

There are 2 definitions of "a killer app" and the one I don't like is "the amazing app that ties users in to a dependence on one OS for ever".

Wouldn't it be super if RR were to evolve into the other type of Killer app: the type which, regardless of OS, hardware, or whatever, nobody could do without?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006