standalone application problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 7 20:58:58 EDT 2006

Michael Robinson wrote:

> After building a standalone application and opening it, the main stack
> seems to  works OK, it is when you create a new file ( cloning of a
> sub-stack ) the new file is created but does not work just right, almost
> like it does not know who it is or where is located.

Well, a new cloned stack doesn't have a file name on disk yet so
probably it really doesn't know who it is. But most things you can do in
a script don't require a stack to have a file name, so usually that
doesn't matter. Not always though.

> 1) It will not open a drawer that is in a preopenstack handler until it
> is closed and reopened 1 time, but it will open the drawer from the menu
> the first time.

I think we need more information. Do you mean you are trying to open a
stack as a drawer before the main stack is drawn yet? I'd be surprised
if that could be done, but I never thought to try it.  Which stack opens
a drawer, and where does the command originate? Which stack has the
preOpenStack handler in it?

> 2) It will create a new document when the file is created, but will not
> import information from another file until it is opened & closed 2 times.

I don't think I understand this either. What is the new document you're
making (a text file? A stack?) What file is created? You should be able
to import images or text into a stack that hasn't been saved to disk yet.

Can you describe the series of actions you want in more detail?

> This is driving me crazy!

We'll try to find you some Thorazine if all else fails. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com