[OT] Market Share

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jul 7 11:00:06 EDT 2006

Jim, et al:

I'm in agreement with everything you said except this:

>Technically speaking, the Mac, even using the Intel chip, is light-years
>ahead of the PC.

If you're speaking of internal architecture, I'm not qualified to judge.

If you're speaking of technology delivered to the user, what Mac
system delivers --

	*  Ink input  (out of the box)
	*  Handwriting recognition (out of the box)
	*  Voice to text (after voice training)
	*  Spoken commands (after voice training)
	*  Fingerprint recognition (standard on at least on some TPC models)

-- for virtually all applications (I've tested) except RunTime Revolution?

Dell, Gateway, IBM and most major PC manufactures are selling Tablet
PC technology today.  If, indeed, Jobs is focused on iPod and colored
computers, when would you expect to see a Mac with Tablet PC
capabilities come to market?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company