Dreamhost?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 7 06:08:39 EDT 2006

Dan Shafer wrote:

> Stephen Barncard turned me on to Dreamhost over a year ago and I am a
> delighted client.
>
> I seem to recall getting Rev CGI working there at one point but as I
> recall
> I had some problem doing so. Stephen may be able to be more specific.
>
> But for hosting, these guys are great.

Stephen and Dan both recommended Dreamhost when I asked a while ago -
and I've been delighted with them. Since I'm only doing this as a hobby,
I went with the cheapest plan ($7.95 per month w/ a 2-year prepayment).

More disk space than I have on my laptop, and enough bandwidth to keep
me happy.

I got Rev going as a cgi without much difficulty, following instructions
someone posted to this list a while ago - search the archives (if you
don't find it, let me know and I'll see if I kept a local copy of the
instructions).

See http://www.tweedly.org/revbin/test1.cgi