Rev for Linux "Seal of Approval"

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Thu Jul 6 19:13:46 EDT 2006

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Bob-
>
> Thursday, July 6, 2006, 11:07:18 AM, you wrote:
>
>> great list of live CDs at
>> http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php
>> which can be downloaded and burned.
>
> !!! Thanks for the link. I've got a few of those archived, but I had
> no idea this list existed...

Which outnumbers the other, linux software or linux distros?  ;-)

There are of course only a few that do stand above the rest, but the
massive amounts of home brew distros really do dilute the market and
confuse potential users.

The other factor which works against linux is the amount of Window
Managers available.  Gnome and KDE being the most common.  But KDE uses
QT which has license issues which really leaves Gnome as the WM with the
most potential at being the standard WM for linux.

-Garrett