Dependence on Programming Experts

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 11:59:06 EDT 2006

Greg,

before we all get moded....

Greg, I said this three times, I was one of the first to ever answer
to this thread and nobody seems to take notice...

Think simply, Flash, photoshop and the like are end user tools.
Revolution is a programming language, so programming skills are
desired or acquired along the way.

I've coded in dozens of languages, I could be called a language junky
is this thing is ever existant. Revolution is by far the most easy of
the languages out there.

I too coded in Squeak but Rev still easier. The object oriented
paradigm looks marvelous in theory but so one besides smalltalk ever
managed to implement it in a good maner. And objects don't appear out
of nowhere, you still need to code them.

There's a very good book by Dan Shafer, you can buy it on eBook
format, that will teach you what revolution is all about.

Rev is a programming language, there's no way you'll ever do
something without programming.

The desire to learn should be greater than the desire to change. One
cannot change something without learning it first.

Please don't talk about  groans and grunts. You're using a computer
not talking to a human, it's not grunts and groans, it's just a way
that the computer will be able to understand and yet not too hard.
Also your complaints about the "dumb down" parlance, thats common
computer jargon, it's not aimed at you, thats just what everyone
calls when it needs to strip out complex features.

I don't understand why you're with a computer programming language in
a computer programming list, full of supporters, every single one
trying to help you and yet, you complain and don't even try the
solutions posted.

andre