beta testers for unicode needed

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at laposte.net
Thu Jul 6 07:02:29 EDT 2006

Hello all,

As you may know, Revolution is not able to open a file if the path or
the filename contains unicode characters.
Then, I've developed an external to work around this problem and use it
in the last version of my shareware Toki TC.
I successfully tested it with Korean characters.

To complete the test, can someone on the list try with other languages,
that are not western languages, and let me know the result ?

What you need:
- a Mac with OS X 10.2 or higher (should work in Mac Intel but not
tested yet)
- download Toki TC from this link
http://perso.orange.fr/hal/tokitc1.3b1.zip
- a movie with unicode characters in the path and/or the filename
- start Toki TC and open the movie
Toki TC should be able to open the movie, play it and display its
filename in the window title.

What doesn't work (yet):
- display the name in the "open recent file" menu
- drag and drop the file in the player

I plan to make a Windows version, and then share the externals with the
community.

Thank you,
Thierry