Dependence on Programming Experts

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 6 08:37:32 EDT 2006

Hi from Paris,

I carefully followed the discussion, and for some
strange reason, the words of an old song floated
through my brain . It is a conversation between a
clown and a magician (no insult intended to
anybody who contributed to this thread)....

Extract from Tarot Suite - Mike Batt - 1979

We both are right, said the sorcerer
And both of us are wrong
For though we walk this road
We don't know where it leads
We only know it's long
You have something to learn from me
And I can learn from you
You with your jokes and simple plans
And me with my tricks and sleight of hand
Together we could get through

Imbecile, we are dancing down a darkened road,
Though the stars are out, not one of us knows the way.
Imbeciles up ahead of us and millions more behind
And we're laughing and smiling,
That's why I say - we're all of us Imbeciles !

Sorry to throw the proverbial spanner .....

-Francis