Dependence on Programming Experts

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 03:02:57 EDT 2006

It should be noted, Greg, that it was I, not Jacque, who made the comments
to which you are responding.

And, FWIW, I don't completely disagree with you that we should be farther
along. I suspect I have even fewer years left to accomplish my big software
goals than  you. (At least I think I'm the oldest active xTalker as far as I
can tell, or certainly in the top 10).

But we can't spend time bemoaning the fact that the tools aren't farther
along if we expect to accomplish great things, either. Squeak and Croquet
are awesome and are much more like what I'd like to use for development but
they have some big disadvantages when it comes to deployment as well.
Everything's a tradeoff.