Dependence on Programming Experts

GregSmith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 6 02:22:29 EDT 2006

Jacqueline:

I think you are using completely the wrong terminology to describe what I
want a program like Revolution to do for me.  You use the entirely insulting
phrase "dumbed down" with regard to making Revolution more friendly to a
user like myself.  Better polish up those social skills of yours.  If
Revolution is so "dumb" already, that it cannot become accessable and
immediately useful to a person such as myself, then it is Revolution that
needs to be "smartened up", making it more accessable and useful, not
"dumbed down" as you so tactlessly have put it.

Why must an intelligent person be made to twist his organized and fruitful
thinking into something less than that?  Why also, must such a person be
forced to address a machine with terms and phrases and sequences that are
alien and unnatural, not catering to the needs of that user, but rather
forcing the user to lower himself to communicate in the primal grunts and
groans that the machine is used to responding to?

Greg Smith