Reset Locals?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 01:41:41 EDT 2006

> I'm still curious though... I seem to remember seeing this on the list many
> many moons ago: is there a way to access the local variables of a script
> from outside the script?  Something like:
>
>   get the myCoolVar of script of btn 2
>
> Was I dreaming or is this possible?

The only way I know to move/create the 'global' scope is store the variable
in a button, card or stack property, then refer to it the usual way

get the cpMyCoolStoredVarThatCanBeSavedWithTheStack of btn 2 of  ....

Once a handler dies, all the constructs supported by it should die.
As soon as I post this Ken or somebody will show there is a way that uses a
shell command + a DLL registry call + a libURL undocumented feature :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas