Reset Locals?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 22:32:38 EDT 2006

On 7/5/06 6:37 PM, "Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> OK, script local variables are persistent now in 2.7.x.  In the readme, if I
> read it correctly, it appears one must do the following to reset the local
> values:
>
>   set the script of <targetobject> to tNewScript
>
> Is this correct?  Do we really need to set the script to itself (or another
> script) to reset the variables?
>
> The above works here, but this process seems to be, well, unusual.  I would
> think I would be able to somehow access the local variables via script and
> reset them.  Please let me know if I'm missing something.
 This should work in all versions
(I use 'z' for my globals so they get listed at the bottom of variable
watcher)

local sTempp, sNotTempp
global zPerm, zTempp

on test
  put "data" into zPerm
  put "data" into zTempp
  put "data" into sTempp
  put "data" into sNotTempp
  put  sTempp&cr& sNotTempp&cr&zTempp&cr& zPerm
end test

on clearThings
  clear local sTempp
  clear global zTempp
  delete variable zPerm  --actually deletes it
--however, then next script that declares it recreates it
--if the other scripts do not declare the global, it does
--not appear in variable watcher

  put  sTempp &cr& sNotTempp &cr& zTempp &cr& zPerm

end clearThings

Jim Ault
Las Vegas