Dependence on Programming Experts

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jul 5 19:07:10 EDT 2006

Greg,

Turns out you'll have to learn a little rocket science if you want to
fly to the moon. That said, not everyone is suited to be a rocket
scientist. That's the first question you'll have to ask yourself.

"Do I want to program?"

If the answer is "YES" you might want to check out:

"5 Tips For a Beginning Programmer"

http://erraticwisdom.com/2006/07/04/5-tips-for-a-beginning-programmer

Then, consider purchasing Dan Shafer's book, and other materials,
including the fine online tutorials at Rev. I typically like to read
the documentation first (I know, I'm backwards) before jumping in. It
seems to save me some of the frustration.

The best way to learn (IMO) is to know someone who is already
proficient and have them available for help and instruction.

Lastly, NEWBIES on this list don't frustrate old timers, if they're
really interested in learning and not just complaining. We're all
newbies at one time or another and many of us are eager to help.

best,
Chipp