Dependence on Programming Experts

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:22:10 EDT 2006

Greg, what I hear you asking for, I think, is a versatile presentation tool.
I'm not sure how "versatile" it needs to be or how much scripting you're
willing to engage in to get that flexibility, but I can say that at the
recent RevCon West confernece in Monterey, several speakers used Rev
stacks/applications as their presentation platform. My *guess* is that a
fairly powerful, scriptable, general-purpose presentation tool could be
fashioned in Rev, starting with one or more of those apps already in use, in
a fairly short period of time.

Maybe rather than futzing with learning Transcript yourself, you could
consider describing more precisely what it is that you want, what it is
that's missing, in Rev. Then perhaps one or more of the Rev coders hanging
around this list would be able to generate a template or a tool for you to
use exactly as you want, including extending it in some cool ways.

Just a thought.