What's The Verdict, Web or Not?

GregSmith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 5 02:43:26 EDT 2006

Just to get down to brass tacks.  I have no idea what all of these frameworks
and languages are  really intended to solve.  I'm a consumer, not really a
developer in the strict sense of the word.  I use software to accomplish
various presentation needs.  I'm not that sophisticated or really all that
technically oriented.  I was simply looking at Revolution as a possible
solution to a few of my needs along these multimedia lines.

As a consumer, it was not that obvious to me what Revolution was initially
intended for, what its limitations were or what it definitely was not
designed to do.  This has all been an exercise in "finding out", for me.
So, now I found out.

Still, many multimedia authoring applications that exist today have at least
some of the functionality that Revolution has, and most of them support
display within standard web browsers. This is pretty much the norm.  It was
a Revelation to me that Revolution did not offer similar translatability, or
portability or whatever it is that you technocrats call it.  I was just
looking for a tool that did not have the Adobe label and did a lot of the
same stuff that Flash does, but wasn't as expensive.  Guess Revolution isn't
the ticket for me.

Thanks,

Greg Smith