A Newbie's ramblings.

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 03:38:59 EDT 2006

Hi Barry and welcome to the Revolution :-)

> May I chip in?
You certainly may - we love to hear from new people as they give us a
different perspective.

> I have just finished my trial period of Media. Seems to be what I have been looking for since Hypercard days. However, I am a bit put-off buying by the several posts on this list about bugs in the latest version. Have they or will they all be sorted out soon?

There are bugs in the IDE itself, most of which can be worked around
in one way or another. There are very few show-stoppers as they get
high priority. In my exerience, the standalones are rock-solid.There
is also Bugzilla - the bug database - where you can report bugs and
vote for those you consider most critical. Remember that for every
negative on the list, there are lots of positives that never get
reported.

> The lack of internet deployment for stacks is a pity. I had already made plans for world wide distribution of the "killer ap" I nearly completed before the trial ran out! ;-)
> By the way: Hyperstudio can put stacks on the web and viewers can even modify them on line in the browser! At least so they say. But then I am neither a teacher nor a student nor a child.

Can't help you there - it isn't something I have ever needed to do.

> As for the List itself. Isn't the PC/Mac controversy ever going to drop out of places like this? I have room on my desk for both as well as a Penquin box. Revolution is a product that knocks down the barricades, let's try not to rebuild them!
> Maybe people who cite dubious data about Marketing Shares might like to contemplate the following:
>  "Statistics are like bikinis, what they show is interesting but what they hide is essential!".

Couldn't agree more :-)

Cheers,
Sarah