What's The Verdict, Web or Not?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Jul 1 00:11:13 EDT 2006

On Jun 30, 2006, at 11:10 PM, GregSmith wrote:

> I know that this decision lies with those that represent the
> interests of
> Runtime Revolution and its development, but, I do think the overall
> survival
> of the RunRev platform of development lies in the answer to this
> question.
> Will the developers support or supply a direct means of displaying
> Revolution authored content in a standard web browser, or not?  Or,
> maybe
> preferred, will independent developers develop a direct QuickTime
> or Flash
> translator that would preserve most of the functionality of a
> Revolution
> stack for deployment via a standard web browser?  Or, will they
> not, or do
> they not favor such a development?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Greg Smith

Greg,

I'm just a programmer/user like you are, and I don't know anything about
Revolution's plans for the future.  I would have to say from what
little I
know about such things, that it is rather tall order for stacks to
run on
the web in the way you are describing.

If they can do it, yes things would become quite magical in that world.
I think the hard truth is that it is probably too difficult a task to
accomplish
in the near future.

Keep wishing anyway!

Rick