OT- Quicktime Failure on Windows -- Testers needed!

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Jan 29 22:34:21 EST 2006

Hi Katir,

> Aloha, Pierre:
>
> Bon Jour from Hawaii!
>
> Thanks for taking your time to share your experience.
>
> These files will be served over the web. So we are trying for very
> small files sizes.
>
>  I opened the original movie (2.5 Gigabyte video) in QT Pro on OSX
> and under the "Export" menu I do not see options for "3ivXD4"
> compression.

You need to dowload and install the free issue of this MP4-based
compressor component from <http://www.3ivx.com/>. No installation at
all needed on the end-users computers as long as QT6 or more is
available.  Compression quality results are three time better than in
using the standard MP4 compressor and three time lesser good than in
using H.264. Good playback on any G3 600 Mhz / Athlon XP 2000 and
more based computers where H.264 need G5/PIV to a fluent play-back.

Best,

--
Pierre Sahores
www.sahores-conseil.com