How To Get Domain Whois Information From Whois Servers With RR?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jan 28 07:02:14 EST 2006

alex wu wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am thinking to use RR to get domain whois
>information (mainly the domain expiry date) from the
>domain whois servers.  My idea is to monitor the
>expiry date of a list of domains.  When a stack open,
>it will get the expiry date of the domains from the
>corresponding whois servers.
>
>Anybody do that before? Or can anybody provide some
>guidelines for me.  I really have no idea how to get
>started.

I did something like that, for a project that never got completed .... :-(

script was very simple, something like

put url "http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=tweedly.net" into tData
put lineOffset( "<pre>", tData) into t
delete line 1 to t of tData
put lineOffset("</pre>", tData) into t
delete line  t to -1  of tData
put tData after msg

probably with some error checking added :-)