Delete Main Stack

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 02:02:46 EST 2006

On 1/27/06, Dan Shafer <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff....
>
> I don't think you want to *delete* your stack, just close it, right?
>
> close stack "Main"
>
> should do that job.
>
> Deleting the main stack should never work, actually.

Well, yes it does work, except that in this context, "delete" just
deletes the stack from memory, not from the hard disk.

You must be extremely careful to use this only on a mainStack. If you
delete a substack, it is really gone - deleted from the stack file -
but deleting a mainStack just removes it from memory.

However in answer to the original question, either "close this stack"
or "quit" should do fine. I often have a quit routine that checks
whether I am in the IDE or running as an app and either saves & closes
the stack if in the IDE, or quits if in an app.

Cheers,
Sarah