Text in imageSource

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:58:43 EST 2006

> I had a field that would allow users to record their voices when they pressed on a "0" and play their recording when the pressed on a ">" [I did this because there were varying numbers of lines...long story]
>
> Later I wanted to put an image there to make it more understandable to the user--I set the imagesource of that character.
>
> Here's the part that's interesting for you. When I moved my cursor over the image, the script reacted as though the characters were still there.
>
> So... for your ranking field, put numbers for rank and then run a script that sets the imagedata of those characters. You should still be able to sort the field because the numbers still exist.

If I do it that way, the sort works perfectly, but it is too slow for
the initial display. It takes about 20 seconds to do 700 lines this
way, where using the htmlText method on a variable and then putting it
all in the field takes less than 1 second.

I am currently using the hidden column method, but I'll try Jacque's
custom sort. I always forget about those but they can be really
powerful.

Thanks,
Sarah