Stack to Flash

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 19:59:45 EST 2006

On 1/25/06 4:40 PM, "Takaaki Furukawa" <turbo_laser_guy at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be great if we could convert stacks (RR projects)
> into Flash movies? Flash supports buttons and fields,
> and the file format of Flash is open I believe. So I guess
> it's not an infinitely difficult task. What do you say?

Off the top of my head, a sizeable hurdle is the object models of the two
programs are substantially different.  Flash is based on timelines, frames,
movie clips and many multimedia constructs, such as codecs for audio and
video.  Its purpose is to publish a file or set of files that its own Flash
Player can render on various platforms.

I doubt that Rev would be a very good tool for building, then porting to
Flash.  I will defer to anyone who really knows the answer or has tried
this.

In my experience, buttons and fields are very easy to create using the mouse
or with Flash ActionScript language procedures and functions.

What I have done is use Revolution to write a complex text file that
instructs ActionScript to create fields and buttons, give them attributes
and functions so that I direct what Flash Player does.  This takes advantage
of the 'loadVars' capability of Flash to read variables and values
on-the-fly and process them accordingly.

It would be interesting to find out kind of movie would work directly from
Rev.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas