bittorrent

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Jan 23 23:53:05 EST 2006

Some of you are familiar with bittorrent, an open source P2P file
transfer protocol... has anyone created a project in Revolution that
utilized this code (as an "external", as I understand it)?

The way I envision it, all Revolution would have to do is launch a
bittorrent client (or be one) and direct it to start downloading a
particular file, and specify where to put it.

One advantage of bittorrent is that it can share bandwidth demands
among multiple servers on an ad hoc basis... also, the code is robust
and tested (and finished!)