Those Yahoo Groups? Just Say No.

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Mon Jan 23 12:53:48 EST 2006

Judy writes:

>I agree, Bill.
>
>Do you have a good alternative?  I am the moderator of a Yahoo group on
>Katherine Swynford, the sister-in-law of the English 14th century poet
>Geoffrey Chaucer.
>
>If I could make a good case for a switchover, I'd make it...

You can start similar groups at Google, which seems to be the lone
holdout when it comes to giving information to the government. Try
http://groups.google.com. I run a mailing list there and it has
worked well. The only downside is there are no files or calendar
sections in the group. But for mailing lists, Google works well.

-Rodney