Freely and Legally Available HyperCard - but not a solution -part 2

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 11:49:32 EST 2006

Oh, yeah, and there is the matter of how one would get Mac Hypercard
files over to the ][GS.  It CAN be done but it ain't easy.  Several
years ago, I wanted to add a hard drive to my ][GS and he only way I
could get the GSOS drivers that would allow me to do this was to
download them on a Mac and then use an old MacLCII with a built-in
floppy drive to write them to an Apple ][ readable disk.  I don't
remember the full details but it was kinda neat to be able to
download GS software from Apple on a Mac and get it back to the GS.

However, the key to this was using a Mac that had a built-in floppy
drive. (This use is the reason I still have a Mac LCII in storage
along with my ][GS.)  How many other folks on this list have a
comparable machine kicking around?  I'm pretty sure I tried this with
a USB floppy drive for the Mac but found it unsuccessful  in creating
disks the ][GS could read.

In any event, if you have an afternoon to tinker around and you
really, really love the Apple ][GS, then this might be an interesting
project.  For everyone else, I venture to guess it would be a real
exercise in frustration. And this from an Apple ][ fanatic!

Apple ][ Forever!!