moving from hypercard to revolution

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 20 12:32:54 EST 2006

megmenard at uwalumni.com wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding moving from Hypercard to Dreamcard
> Revolution.  First, I am encountering script errors trying to use a "find"
> button within the card when imported to Dreamcard and I would like to know how
> to "comment out the handlers" before I import my stacks to Rev; how is this
> done?  Lastly, how does one rewrite the handler into Revolution after I
> importing from Hypercard?  I would greatly appreciate any and all help.  Thank
> you.

To comment out handlers before importing, you must open the stack in
HyperCard and do it there. If you no longer have HyperCard available,
you can comment the handlers after import. When you see an error
message, click the "Script" button, which will take you directly to the
handler that has the error. Then comment it out.

To comment out a handler, place two hyphens before the word "on" at the
top of the handler, like this:

-- on mouseUp
<statement>
<statement>
end mouseup

Placing the hyphens before the first word of the line will disable the
entire handler.

Also, if you want help with the "find" button, you should post the
button script here. There is not enough information for us to help you
until we can look at the script that has the error.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com