Notation

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Jan 20 11:01:51 EST 2006

Oh, I thought it was hungarian notation for function something... But it
wasn't a function, and I couldn't figure out what w would.

Hungarian notation (for those not familiar) came out of Microsoft.  It
prepends a series of letters to a variable name to indicate it's scope,
type, etc.  Like p for point (pPointer), etc.   In full implementation it
can get kind of unwieldy, IMHO.  mhscrUserInput - a module-level handle to
a screen region for user input (used in Windows C programming).

I use g for global (gSomeVariable), s for script local (sSomeVariable), t
for handler variables (tSomeVariable).  I also use p for parameter
(pParameter).

At 09:49 AM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Peter,
>
>>Ok, I'm sure I have your presention somewhere on notation, but what
>>is fw?
>
>"fw" ist Richards code/shortcut for Fourth World :-)

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588