stopping an on-screen timer

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 19 18:47:25 EST 2006

Peter T. Evensen wrote:
> A button or other user action, i.e., hitting return in a field to enter
> an answer.  I just wasn't sure if using a global was the best
> solution.... I tend to dislike using globals.

The only practical downside to globals is that they can be set from
anywhere.  With a little care in naming them so they're unlikely to be
confused with anything else there should be no harm.

You could also use a global propery, but the downside there is that it's
persistent, so if you use that you'll want to include a way to reset its
default value in a StripAndShip handler before you build the standalone.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation