How to remove a carriage return from a field?

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Jan 19 17:11:31 EST 2006

Hi Claire,

If you are building a file name, you might need to watch out for more
than just linefeeds.

Filenames generally should be limited to letters, numbers, and
underscore (hyphen is usually ok too)

You can be strict about this using the keydown and rawkeydown handlers.
It would look like this:

On RawKeyDown pKey
  Put "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890_-" into tCharList
  If ((the commandkey is down) and (numtochar(pkey)="v")) or (pKey =
65379) then
    Put the clipboarddata["text"] into tPastedText
    Repeat for each char tChar in tPastedText
      If tChar is in tCharList then put tChar after tNewPastedText
    End repeat
    Put tNewPastedText into the selection
  Else
    Pass rawkeydown
  End if
End RawKeyDown

On Keydown pKey
  Put "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890_-" into tCharList
  If pKey is in tCharList then pass keydown
End keydown

A couple notes
1) it is untested, let me know if it does not work and I will fix it for
you.
2) 65379 is the raw key number for the insert key on a typical windows
keyboard. This might be different on your keyboard.

Good luck,

Jonathan