"Rev brings a smile to my face more often than any other development environment."

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jan 19 03:16:52 EST 2006

That subject line, or something like it, was a quote from Dan Shafer,
and I couldn't help thinking about it this morning.

I wrote and use my own address book app (because I needed to handle some
unusual synchronization needs). It works fine, but it did lack an
"incremental search" feature - finally decided today it was time to
implement it.

Took 5 minutes, and 4 lines of code to get a decent implementation.

And another 2 minutes and another 4 lines of code to get a "good"
implementation.

(It isn't yet a "great" feature - and I don't know if I'll get around to
doing that, because I suspect it will be a lot more work. And I'd be
doing it for the satisfaction of making it a great feature, not for the
sake of the benefits it would bring.)

[Apologies to Runtime Rev Support, who may have wondered why I sent this
email to them yesterday.]