chat client might block in some organization with strong fireball ?? + some Ajax examples in rev

MITTAL Pradeep Kumar PradeepKumar.MITTAL at insead.edu
Wed Jan 18 09:07:09 EST 2006

Hello,

I saw an simple example of client server chat application in revolution.
It runs on some specific port number. So first of all on the server side
one has to open the port for all so that users outside can access the
chat server. Ok that can be done, not a big deal.

Will not this socket connection block in some organization who has
strong fireball.?? On should that same port also be opened by the client
organzation? I guess yes. ( even org has to open the port for yahoo and
msn messangers )

So can not we have any chat application in revolution which has no
fireball issues?? Is there any mechansim so that we can have two way
connection in rev ( push and pull)??

Do you have any examples or idea which can demonstrate ajax mechanism in
rev?

Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Pradeep