OS X standalone problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:44:38 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm having a very strange problem today which I hope someone can help me with.

I have a standalone app, built using the splash screen method. It runs
perfectly on my computer (10.4.3) and on another iMac (10.4.4) but on
an iBook (10.4.4) it only runs once. After that it gets to the splash
screen but crashes during the preOpenStack handler in the next stack
opened. If I extract a new copy of the app from the zip file, it too
will work once.

Here's the really weird bit: when it crashes, I get the usual dialog
saying "The application has unexpectedly quit..." and it has several
buttons, one of which is "Reopen". If I click the "Reopen" button, the
application works perfectly, however closing and then trying to run it
again fails every time.

The standalone was built using Rev 2.6.1 but the next thing I will try
is building using an older version, however I am hoping that someone
will come up with an explanation. What is different about "reopen"
instead of just opening the app normally? Any why does it run first
time and not afterwards unless by a reopen?

HELP!
Sarah